School of Health Sciences and Education
From diverse global communities to underserved rural populations, be prepared to share your gifts with compassion and confidence.
Turn Your Calling Into a Career
Saint Francis of Assisi had a legendary gift for caring, and our School of Health Sciences and Education will help you follow in his footsteps.
Here we offer programs in healthcare, education, social work, and psychology that carefully blend specialized professional curricula with a liberal arts education rooted in Catholic Franciscan values developed to foster your unique gifts. Whether you aspire to heal minds, bodies, and souls or you choose to cultivate the minds of tomorrow; our majors can help you be ready for an innovative, high-touch profession where learning never stops.
Why Saint Francis?
Approach Your Future with Confidence
Our curriculum is designed to prepare you for success on any corresponding certifications or exams associated with your program, graduate programs, and your career. Our students benefit from:
Small class sizes
Practical, authentic educational environments
Opportunities for research, community engagement, inter-professional experiences, simulation and study abroad
Opportunities for growth. Support for your passion.
Our School of Health Sciences and Education is designed to provide you with the skills, practical experience, expert support, and innovative facilities you need to follow your calling.
Facilities and Resources
Dedicated classrooms and lab space
Leadership development, service learning, and international experiences
On-site accelerated professional programs
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES AND EDUCATION FACULTY
A personalized approach to learning and leading
The School of Health Sciences and Education utilizes exceptional learning opportunities to help you become the competent, compassionate and ethical professional you are destined to be. Experience our unique camaraderie through hands-on learning in small classes lead by expert faculty. Saint Francis University professors will know you by name and provide individualized focus, attention and support to help you achieve your highest potential in your program of focus.
Dr. Kerri Golden, Interim Dean, School of Health Sciences and Education
An expert in administration and management, leadership, ethics, and occupational therapy, Dr. Golden is dedicated to supporting students in the School of Health Sciences and Education through high-quality experiences and individualized attention. Dr. Golden is a trained CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) where she serves as a child advocate for those at-risk in Cambria County. She has received numerous awards for teaching and advocacy from the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association.
Undergraduate Degrees in the School of Health Sciences and Education
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education (on-campus)
- Online ECE degrees (associate, degree completion and bachelor's)
- Subject-Specific B.S. in Secondary Education: Grades 7-12 ( Biology, English, History, Mathematics, and Spanish)
- B.S. in Special Education
- B.S. in Exercise Physiology ( concentrations in Fitness Professionals, Graduate Allied-Health, and Pre-Med)
- Minors in Diving, Movement Science, and Exercise Physiology
- BSN (on-campus)
- Accelerated RN to BSN (second degree)
- Online RN to BSN
- Accelerated /Early-Entry Master of Occupational Therapy
Physician Assistant Science
- Accelerated Early-Entry MPAS (3+2)
- Pre-PA ConcentrationHealth Care Studies, B.S.
- Accelerated 3+3 option, direct-entry to DPT program
- Traditional 4+3 option, direct-entry to DPT program
- B.S. in Psychological Science (concentrations in pre-med and neuroscience)
- Neuroscience (double major: Psychology/Biology)
- Minor in Animal-Assited Health & Education
- 4+3 DPT early-entry program
- Pre-Med (concentrations under Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Exercise Physiology, Psychology, and Public Health)
- Early-Acceptance programs in dentistry, optometry, medicine, and pharmacy
- B.A./ B.S. in Public Health (concentration in Environmental Science, Epidemiology, Health Policy Administrator, and Pre-Med)
- Accelerated MPH
- Online B.A. in Public Health
- B.S. in Social Work
More Healthcare Degrees
Signature Minors & Certificates