STUDENT SUCCESS SERVICES
We Welcome You to Campus
As a commuter, we know that your college experience is a little different from that of a residential student. Many of you are earning your degree while continuing part-time, or even full-time, jobs and other responsibilities at home. This does not mean that you are excluded from all the amazing experiences that SFU provides for students to participate in and enjoy.
The SFU experience is more than just attending classes; Our campus is more than just a place to park your car daily. It is a community of individuals with different lifestyles, various needs, and many ideas about who they are and where they are going. YOU are a member of this community.
Parking for Commuter students is a priority at SFU. There are exclusive Commuter spaces available in two locations on campus.
- JFK Student Center – nearly half of the parking lot closest to the building is designated specifically for Commuters.
- Stokes Athletic Center – the lower lot provides plenty of spaces closer to the center of campus.
Support for Commuting Students
There are many supports available to students who do not live on campus. The Center for Student Engagement is available to offer assistance and resources to commuting students.
Located on the upper floor of the JFK Student Center, the Center for Student Engagement provides information about events on campus, plan programs which allow students to grow and become more connected at SFU, and offer advice and guidance to ALL students, whether commuter or residential. A big focus is to make sure commuters know what is going on around campus and how get involved in various events and clubs.
Places to Relax
As a commuter, it’s nice to find a quiet, comfortable space to relax between classes. Our campus provides multiple locations for you to enjoy some peace and quiet, or to meet up with friends.
- The JFK Student Center is an ideal location to meet up with a group, featuring plenty of seating in our spacious, open lounge, complete with a phone charger and a cozy fireplace to keep you warm and toasty during the winter months!
- The all-NEW Commuter lounge located in Padua Hall is a space dedicated to commuting students. It is only accessible via a keycard and has desks and lockers for you to use.
- Frankie’s Campus Club, located on the bottom level of JFK, is the perfect place to grab something to eat from the food court and hang-out with friends while studying or watching the big game!
- Adamucci Café (located on the bottom level of Schwab Hall) features all the official Starbucks coffees and teas you love. Enjoy a fresh-made sandwich and a rich caramel macchiato before your next class!
- Other spaces on campus that are ideal for Commuters include the lounges in Padua and Scotus halls.