- Ph.D., Educational Leadership; Penn State University, ABD
- Dissertation Study - Rural Education: Teacher Retention and Attrition
- M.Ed.; Johns Hopkins University
- Principal certification; Johns Hopkins University
- B.S.; Slippery Rock University; Elementary and Special Education
I am a proud graduate of Central Cambria High School and home of the Red Devils. I currently reside in Hollidaysburg with my husband and three children. We are supportive of our local school districts where our children attend school.
It has been a pleasure to be the Director of Graduate Education since January of 2018. I began my career in Baltimore, Maryland in 2001 as an elementary teacher at Roland Park Elementary/Middle School. Before becoming an Assistant Principal at Stoneleigh Elementary School, I also served as a learning support teacher in the Baltimore County Public School System for three years. After serving as an assistant principal for 4 years in Baltimore County, I relocated back to Blair County. In 2011, I became the principal of Mowrie A. Ebner Elementary School in the Altoona Area School District. In 2016, I came to Saint Francis University as the Student Teaching Coordinator and Supervisor. During my time at Saint Francis University, I have also been an instructor for Undergraduate Education and the Field Service Coordinator for our Education Department.
- EDUC407 Reflective Teaching Practices
- EDUC207 Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- EDUC375 Inclusive Approaches to Developing Appropriate Practices
- EDUC450 Student Teaching Elementary/Special Education
- EDUC451 Student Teaching Middle/Secondary Education
- EDUC576 High and Low Incidence Comprehensive Seminar
- EDUC577 Teaching Diverse Learners