- Doctor of Philosophy. Anthropology with specialization in food and culture and a graduate interdisciplinary specialization in folklore. The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. December 2019.
- Master of Arts. Anthropology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. June 2012.
- Master of Arts. Media and Cultural Studies, Roehampton University, London UK. October 2007.
- Master of Arts. English/Literature, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA. May 2005.
- Bachelor of Arts. English/Secondary Education. Saint Francis University, Loretto, PA. May 2002.
Lisa Beiswenger, PhD in Anthropology from The Ohio State University. Her training includes advanced degrees in Literature, Media, and Cultural Studies, as well as a graduate interdisciplinary specialization in Folklore. She studies public markets, food culture, food security, local food systems, food waste, and commodity fetishism. For her doctorate, she examined the role of public markets as social infrastructure and how vendors define success at Findlay Market in Cincinnati, OH. Her masters work at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Roehampton University centered around popular culture and representations of commodity fetishism in American television.
- LANG103: Language, Culture, and Communication
- WRIT102: Research Writing