DIVISION OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Physical Plant Department
The Physical Plant Department at Saint Francis University is responsible for effectively and efficiently operating and maintaining the physical assets of the University. The department is also responsible for ensuring in the creation of a physical environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. The department strives to provide the services necessary to facilitate the maximum use of the University's facilities.
- Provide departmental services in the most professional, dedicated, courteous, prompt, technically accurate and efficient manner possible
- Ensure operation of all university facilities and utility systems as efficiently and safely as human and financial resources allow
- Consistently maintain all university facilities in a proactive manner to minimize deterioration and retail a high level of physical and academic appearance
- Provide support to the Vice President for Finance & Administration related to new construction, remodeling and renovations to ensure that the most energy efficient systems, methods and technology are incorporated into new and existing buildings to obtain the lowest operation and maintenance costs for the life of the facility
- Assist in short and long range planning in order to maximize the most efficient utilization of existing and new facilities
- Promote better utilization and operation of all new facilities including providing handicapped accessibility to all required facilities
The custodial services employees perform all cleaning services throughout the university along with assist setting up and tearing down for University related events.
The department also offers design services for renovations related to office, classroom, student or multi-purpose spaces on campus.
The Grounds Service employees work towards maintaining the beautiful campus throughout the year along with office relocations and renovations. They handle all landscaping, furniture and equipment moving, assist with building renovations and along with assist with setting up and tearing down for University related events.
Fully licensed staff provide a full range of mechanical, electrical and plumbing service that include the installation of University equipment and repair of building systems.
The trades service employees are responsible for completing all minor construction and reconstruction of offices and dorms while also providing certified locksmith security system services. Trades service also processes all key requests for the University.
If you need assistance or would like to request professional services from the Physical Plant department, please complete a work order request.
Amici Hall: 126 Franciscan Way
Ave Maria Hall: 124 Franciscan Way
Bach Honors House: 230 St. Joseph Street
Chapel: 132 Franciscan Way
Christian Hall: 230 Lakeview Drive
DeGol Field and Fieldhouse: 172 St. Catherine Street
DiSepio Building: 108 Franciscan Way
Immergrun Pro Shop: 105 St. Elizabeth Street
JFK Student Center: 117 Evergreen Drive
Library: 106 Franciscan Way
Murtha Building: 111 Juniper Lane
Padua Hall: 110 Franciscan Way
Raymond Hall: 114 Franciscan Way
Roundstone Cottage: 120 Franciscan Way
Sacred Heart Friary: 101 St. Francis Way
Saint Agnes Hall: 116 Evergreen Way
Saint Clare Hall: 122 Evergreen Way
Saint Elizabeth Hall: 127 Lakeview Drive
Saint Francis Hall: 132 Franciscan Way
Saint Joan Hall: 115 Lakeview Drive
Saint Joseph Work Center: 167 Lakeview Drive
Saint Louis Hall: 122 Franciscan Way
Schwab Hall: 144 Franciscan Way
Science Center: 138 Franciscan Way
Scotus Hall: 110 Franciscan Way
Sewage Treatment Plant: 492 Metz Road
Siena Cottage: 105 Saint Elizabeth Street
Small Business Development Center: 2299 Manor Drive
Southern Alleghenies Museum: 112 Franciscan Way
Spalding Cottage: 181 Kelly Drive
Stokes Building: 140 Lakeview Drive
Sullivan Hall: 110 Franciscan Way
Torvian Hall: 155 Pineview Drive
Townhouses (Pineview): 138 Saint Joseph Street
Water Treatment Plant: 376 Columbia Street