Attention 2022 Graduates...
We support all Saint Francis University students and alumni along their journey to Become That Someone by offering a variety of career development and exploration resources and programming. Our services, which include individual appointments, are available on campus and online. Career Services educates students and alumni on the search process and offers opportunities and support for securing jobs, internships, further education, and other professional opportunities.
What is Handshake?
Handshake is a state-of-the-art career platform where students can:
- View job listings for full-time, part-time, or summer opportunities.
- Search internships and find the one that's right for you.
- Download the Handshake app and have access right at your fingertips.
- View and Apply for On-Campus Student Employment Positions
- Schedule an appointment with the Career Services Office
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of every candidate to assess the validity of any posted opportunity on any medium and use best judgment to determine legitimacy. Saint Francis University Career Services cannot make any guarantees about any employer or posted position and is not responsible for any candidate activity or results of those activities, including fraudulent transactions. Click here for full disclaimer.
Internships are a critical part of developing your career path and a means to gain hands on experience that will help assure that you are on the right track after graduation. Take advantage of the incredible opportunities an internship can provide while increasing your marketability once you enter the workforce – leading to a satisfying career and a sense of life accomplishment!
"Inspiring students through real-world experience"
A great internship:
- affirms your choice of major
- enhances employer's workforce while you gain hands on experience
- could lead to long-term employment with an employer
- increases your marketability
Watch for these opportunities:
- job and internship fair opportunities
- on-campus interviewing
- employer information tables on campus
Class of 2021 First Destination Report
- The average salary range for the Class of 2021 was $60,000 – $69,999.
- 83% of graduates believe that their internship or other experiential education was instrumental in obtaining full time employment.
- 86% of graduates feel that Saint Francis University was instrumental in developing their faith and/or values for life after college.
View the Report
On Campus Student Employment
To view and apply for on-campus student employment positions:
- Go to Handshake.
- Follow the prompts to log in and create your account with your @francis.edu email.
- Follow the prompts to fill out your profile information as completely as possible (minimum for on-campus job consideration: Contact information, Education, Work & Volunteer Experience and/or Organizations & Extracurriculars).
- Select "Jobs".
- Select the "On-Campus" filter tab.
- View and apply to jobs that interest you (no resume required, your completed Handshake profile takes the place of this).
- Departments will contact you if they'd like to pursue you as a candidate.
For further information, click here. For questions, contact SFU Career Services.
Graduate Assistantship (GA) Positions
Graduate Assistantships are a great way to help cover tuition expenses and gain work experience. GA positions are available on campus through many academic departments and administrative offices.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Acceptance to one of the University's graduate programs as a full-time student
- Each department may have additional requirements (ex. athletics- coaching/playing experience)
- Once hired, completion of a Graduate Assistant contract through Academic Affairs- terms to be determined between the sponsoring department and the Graduate Assistant. If hired in an athletic coaching position another contract is issued from Human Resources.
- Graduate assistants are eligible for full tuition remission for up to 9 credits per semester. Summer varies according to each department. Positions as a coach within Athletics may offer a stipend in addition to tuition remission
- Fees, books and additional credits are the responsibility of the Graduate Assistant
For more information :
- Visit https://www.francis.edu/employment/ to view current GA openings
- Contact Career Services at email@example.com
To Apply for a GA Position
- Complete a SFU employment application
- Complete a Graduate Assistant Addendum
- Send a letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Career Services offers many helpful tools for planning your career. Below are a few links and tips to get you started. Further information can be viewed from the career planning pyramid or the checklist for each undergraduate year. Benefits of using our office include assessment of your interests and skills, planning for your future, career counseling, and choosing or changing your major.
Career Expo 2023
HOSTED BY SAINT FRANCIS UNIVERSITY, MOUNT ALOYSIUS COLLEGE, AND SOUTHCENTRAL PA AREA HEALTH EDUCATION CENTER
Career Expo is back and in-person this year! Hosted by Saint Francis University, Mount Aloysius College, and Southcentral PA Area Health Education Center, this event will take place in the Bertschi Center on the Mount Aloysius campus in Cresson, PA on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm. The fair will offer a great opportunity for employers and graduate schools to recruit and network with students from a variety of different majors to promote jobs, internships, professional opportunities, graduate school information, and more.
What is FOCUS 2?
FOCUS 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning tool that is designed to help you make decisions about future career goals and education plans. FOCUS 2 provides five self-assessments to help you identify your top work interests, values, skills, personality type, and leisure time interests and explore occupations and major areas of study compatible with your personal attributes. Students can use Focus 2 to help choose or change major, verify their choice of a career field, or to learn more about themselves.
To get started on FOCUS 2:
- First time users: Create a new account here . Use this ACCESS CODE when prompted: redflash
- Returning users: Log on here (using the account you have already created)
Schedule an appointment with Career Services on Handshake to review your results or call for more information 814-472-3019.