TUITION & FEES
Paying for Your Education
A student who wishes to attend Saint Francis University should not hesitate to apply for admission because of cost. Saint Francis University believes that every qualified person who desires higher education has the right to pursue it, regardless of financial status. While the primary responsibility for financing an education belongs to the student and their family, the University provides awards to supplement the family’s funds whenever possible and aggressively seeks financial aid for those demonstrating valid need.
- For questions on loans, scholarships, and grants, contact the Financial Aid Office at 814-472-3010 or email@example.com.
- For questions on housing or meal plans, contact the Residence Life Office at 814-472-3029.
- For billing questions, contact the Business Office at 814-472-2884 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Billing Timeline
- On-line statement produced beginning of July
- Due date for balance owed beginning of August
- On-line statement produced beginning of December
- Due date for balance owed beginning of January
- On-line statement produced first week of May
- Due date for balance owed end of May
Reducing or Cancelling Your Loan
You may request that your loan be reduced or cancelled through the Financial Aid Office at Saint Francis University within 30 days* of the loan being posted to your student account.
Please note if you completely cancel a disbursement of a loan, any pending disbursements will automatically be cancelled. If you request a loan with more than one disbursement to be reduced and no disbursements have yet been made, the disbursements will be evenly reduced. All requests must be in writing and include the following information:
- Direct Student, Direct Graduate PLUS, and Private Educational Alternative Loans — Student must make request, not parent. Please include your name, your SFU ID Number, and the amount you want the loan reduced to or cancelled.
- Direct PLUS Loans — Parent borrower must make request, not student. Please include parent borrower's name, the student's name, the student's SFU ID Number, and the amount you want the loan reduced to or cancelled.
- Perkins Loans — Student must make request, not parent. Please include your name, your SFU ID Number.
*Please note – any loan not returned within 30 days will be the responsibility of the borrower to return to their loan servicer directly
Company Sponsored Tuition Deferment
To be eligible for tuition deferment, a letter regarding your company's tuition reimbursement policy is due at the beginning of every semester. The letter must be on your company’s letterhead and include the student's name and the reimbursement policy of the company. Each student will receive a billing statement at the end of the semester. It is the responsibility of the student to give the statement to his/her employer along with his/her grade(s) for reimbursement. Payment must be made within approximately 30 days upon completion of the course.
Please forward your company letter to the following:
Saint Francis University
P.O. Box 600
Loretto, PA 15940-0600
Fax: (814) 472-3886
Phone: (814) 472-2884
IRS Form 990