Dr. Thomas Woods DHSc, M.Ed, PA-C
School: Health Sciences
Academic Department: Physician Assistant Science
Office Location: Sullivan Hall 104 Pa Office Suite
Office Hours: Department office hours are from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday-Friday. Specific office hours are variable, but appointments can be made by emailing me at email@example.com
- 2003 Doctor of Health Science, Nova Southeastern University
- 1997 Bachelor of Science, Physician Assistant Sciences, Saint Francis (College) University
- 1992 Master of Arts, Educational Leadership and Pastoral Counseling, Saint Francis (College) University
- 1987 Master of Education, Saint Francis (College) University
- 1979 Bachelor of Science in Education, Saint Francis (College) University
- Dr. Woods has been employed as a full-time faculty member at Saint Francis University in the Department of Physician Assistant Sciences since 1998. As a full-time faculty member, his primary teaching responsibilities are in the didactic year, including the history and physical examination content, as well as, various medical disease topics within the medicine modules. Dr. Woods also has some teaching responsibilities in the undergraduate courses.
- Dr. Woods maintains certification as a physician assistant through the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and is licensed within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He was inducted into the Pi Alpha National Honor Society for Physician Assistants in 2010. Dr. Woods was also a recipient of the Physician Assistant Education Association New Faculty Award for Professional Excellence in 2000 and the Saint Francis University’s Honor Society Distinguished Faculty Award in 2006 and 2002. He participated in a surgical residency through Norwalk Hospital/Yale University School of Medicine in 2006-2007. Dr. Woods is a fellow member of the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants. His clinical background includes experience in urgent care, occupational medicine and surgery.
- He has served on various Committees at the national level, remaining very active with the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). Dr. Woods most recently served as Chair of the PAEA Conference Council and is involved in facilitating physician assistant educational workshops through the PAEA Faculty Development Council. Dr. Woods has several publications, including webinars for both PAEA and PharmCon Continuing Education for Health Professions series. He has presented numerous topics at the PAEA Annual Forum. Dr. Woods also serves on several institutional and Department committees.