October 30, 2013
End Date: October 31, 2013
Start Time: 7:30
Location: JFK Student Center
Social Media: Like us on Facebook
Agatha Christie had a widely diverse creative scope in her writing. Everyone is familiar with her mysteries often featuring her detective creations Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. However readers are not always aware of her experiments with ‘paranormal activity’ in many of her written works.
A celebration of the other side of Agatha Christie
STAR Productions at Saint Francis University will present—
THE LAST SÉANCE
A Harrowing Excursion into the Supernatural
Wednesday October 30 and Thursday October 31 at 7:30pm.
Show only tickets are $10 and are available at the door.
About the show
A successful world-famous Medium is ill…she has weakened her-own Spirit in aiding others to contact the Spirits of their Past…like Madame Exe, who is determined to make contact with her deceased little girl at any price… and no one can foresee the Tragedy ahead.
THE LAST SÉANCE where Sorrow and Loss transform to Madness and Possesion will be featured at two Dinner / Theatre experiences on both Wednesday October 30 and Thursday October 31 at 6pm.
Tickets are $25, the price includes Dinner AND Show. Reservations are required for the Dinner / Theatre by calling [ 814-472-3930 ] The menu includes:
- an Italian antipasto bar, Italian spaghetti and balls [meat / veggie]
- bloody red Italian sauces [meat / veggie ] Italian peas with stuffed olives and for dessert—
- ‘Delicious Death’, Agatha’s favorite dessert: rum-flavored triple chocolate cake with an optional pouring of apricot sauce.
The Performances and Dinner / Theatre are in the JFK Center on the Loretto campus of Saint Francis University. The Performance lasts about an hour.
The joltingly effective experience, not easily forgotten, is flavored with a mood and an atmosphere of impending horror. Featured in the semi-professional cast of this unusual dramatic work are several experienced Frankies from the University:
- in the role of Elise, The Medium, is Bronwyn Katdare [Cresson];
- portraying the enigmatic Madame Exe is Anita Baumann [Glendale];
- Anne Volk [Cresson] enacts Simone the Servant who sees more than anyone else;
- Brian Davis [Lilly] takes on the role of the pimpish fiancé Raoul;
- Ethan Leydig [Portage] creates the macabre grave-digger,
- Alain; Alan Zajdel [Lilly] plays the dead-or-alive Under-taker Edgare.
Discover the darkness
More than any other of her works of Creative Art, this work by Agatha Christie bridges the gap between the World of the Real and the World of the Divine. The night beckons you -- venture forth... if you dare - for a night of dark delights with Agatha Christie
Saint Francis University aims to be as accessible as possible. Please contact our Accessibility Services Coordinator, April Fry, with specific inquiries at 814-472-3176 or complete our online request form at