Mrs. Betsy Lehman
Title: Assistant Professor of Marketing
Academic Department: Business Administration
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- M.B.A., Saint Francis University
- August 2012-Present: P. Joseph Lehman, INC Consulting Engineers Special Projects Directors
Involved in Marketing Public Relations, Community Outreach, and Branding Efforts
- August 2004-2009: Marketing Consultant: Develop marketing strategies, media placement, promotions, direct mail and/or major Layout/design for KINETICO Distributor Northeast USA, Regional Water Distributor and National Paper Company. Past Clients include, Kinetico, Roaring Spring Water, and Blank Book Company.
- Presenter of Branding and Positioning Strategies Workshop for the Hite Company (January 2006)
- Presenter of Branding and Positioning Strategies Workshop for National Group of Non-Competitive Lighting Showroom Owners organized by the Spader Group (June 2005)
- Presenter of Branding and Positioning Strategies Workshop for National Group of Non-Competitive RV Owners organized by the Spader Group (October 2005)
- Presenter of Marketing Career Opportunities at Saint Francis University Business Day activities for regional high school students (March 2004)
- Presenter of Basic Marketing Principles at FBLA Fall Regional Leadership Conference at Richland High School (November 2003)
- Hoss U (Hoss’s Steak and Sea House University) marketing classes, various levels.
- Panelist for the Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Association of Western PA (1995).
- Juniata College and Hollidaysburg Junior Achievement Classes in Marketing.
- On behalf of St. Francis University, College of Knowledge, Cable TV (1999).
- 2011: Athena Leadership Award from Blair County Chamber of Commerce & First Commonwealth Bank
- 2007: Five Year Service Award, Saint Francis University
- 2005: Sam Walton Free Enterprise Fellowship Award for participation in SFU S.I.F.E. as an academic advisor
- 1999: Team MS Coordinator Recognition presented by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society: Keystone Branch, Altoona, PA
- 1998: Kiwanis Appreciation Award presented by the Altoona Kiwanis Club
- 1997: Kiwanian of the Year Award presented by the Altoona Kiwanis Club
- 1997: Spirit of HOSS'pitality Award (Quarterly) presented by Hoss’s Steak and Sea House
- 1997: Finalist for Spirit of HOSS’pitality Support Companies Award (Annual) for dedication and service to the company and community
- 1997: Winner Spirit of HOSS’pitality Support Companies Award (Annual) for dedication and service to the company and community
- 1996: Golden Rule Award presented and sponsored by JCPenney for community service
- 1996: Mentor Award presented by the Allegheny Mountains Convention and Visitors Bureau
- 1995: Ten Year Service Award, Hoss's Steak & Sea House
- 2006 - Present Dreams Go On
- Served as Board Member and liaison to transfer organization from a sole proprietorship to a non-profit organization. DGO is a therapeutic horseback riding organization to assist adults and children wit physical and mental challenges.
- 2000 – Fire Base Eagle
- Served as Key Member to coordinate a $50,000 successful fundraising effort in six weeks to purchase the ½ scale replica of the Vietnam Memorial: The Wall that Heals. Participated in follow up activities to assist in building a visitor’s center to compliment the memorial at the James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center in Altoona, PA
- 1997-Present - Kiwanis Club Member
- Served on Board of Directors and committee for Recruitment and Retention.
- Participate in annual fundraisers to support children’s projects in the community and abroad
- 1993-Present - Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Team MS coordinator for Blair and Cambria Counties
- Lobsterfest (formerly Go West for MS): Event Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator and Volunteer
- Telemarketing Recruiter for MS Walk
- MS 150 Bicycle Tour: Volunteer, Fundraiser, and Participant
- 1990-Present - Blair County Respiratory Disease Society
- Run for Your Lungs Event Coordinator
- WallyBall: Volunteer, Fundraiser, and Participant
- Support various other Society Projects and Fundraisers
- 1993 - Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art
- Develop a commercial for the museum in Loretto; committee lead by Michael Struber.